What a fabulous Christmas present! Thank you to the lovely Andy Mulberry for nominating me for my first award: The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Andy is the children’s author of the Skycastle series and she blogs about juggling being a working mum with being a writer. Pop over to her blog ‘something smells fishy here…’ and check it out.
The Award rules are:
- Display the award on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations
So here are my 7 things…
- Becoming a mum of three beautiful girls is my proudest moment and greatest achievement.
- I’d rather be in my woods than… well anywhere.
- I got a certificate from the US Navy for code breaking! My neighbour now thinks I’m a spy.
- I love being a mum as it gives me an excuse to sing along to Disney songs.
- I’m a keen archer, though I don’t get much opportunity for shooting since having the girls.
- I love the atmosphere of old buildings – I just knew our old cottage (built in 1660) was right for us, based on the feeling I got as I stepped through the door.
- I’m often described as quirky, bizarre or slightly mad but I take it as a compliment. I’m actually the most sensible one of the family (sorry mum!)
And my nominations…
Well I would definitely have nominated Andy Mulberry but she already has this award. I would have also nominated Michelle Eastman for her amazing work on promoting picture books and her #PBPiO initiative but she’s already been nominated by Andy.
First I nominate my good friends:
- Lesley Hayes – The Lesley Hayes Blog: author, storyweaver, member of the Indie Author Review Exchange #IARE generally lovely person and my fairy godmother.
- Jim Milson – Jim Milson’s Blog & Things: steampunk storyteller, chief bear maker at Old Glory Bears, lover of nature and art.
Next some other members of the Indie Author Review Exchange #IARE. All are amazing writers and reviewers but in addition to that they are fabulously supportive of indie authors:
- Tom Benson – Creative
- Patrick Christopher Power – Max Power’s Blog
- Penny Luker – Fiction and Other Writing
- Paul Ruddock – Echoes of the Pen
My children’s author friends, both of whom are inspirational in their work to promote reading in children:
An inspirational writer:
- Andrea Harkins – The Martial Arts Woman
An amazing photographer:
A witty mommy blogger ♥:
- Meredith – Perfection Pending
Blogs which promote a love of nature and the outdoors:
My beautiful arty friend:
- Emma Childs – E.J.L. Original Art
And finally my last ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ nomination goes to a non-blogger but an amazing writer who has been a guest on my blog and on Oakwheel:
- Neil Giles – Author, writer, poet and my Twitter buddy!
Thanks all for reading.
Sylva Fae ♥